Erdogan: PKK attacks in Türkiye killed nearly 60,000 people
Region
- 12 July, 2025
- 12:39
Terror attacks committed by PKK militants in Türkiye have killed nearly 60,000 people, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at a meeting of the ruling party, Report informs.
Erdogan reminded that the first terror attack by PKK militants was committed in 1984.
"Since then, the separatist terrorist organization has claimed the lives of nearly 10,000 security officials and nearly 50,000 civilians," he said.
The Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), recognized as a terrorist organization in Türkiye, announced its dissolution in May of this year. On July 11, the organization confirmed that it had voluntarily surrendered and symbolically burned its weapons as part of the disarmament process.
Latest News
21:28
Azerbaijan resumes chicken meat supplies from UK
Business21:16
Video
Video footage on Azerbaijani President's visit to Serbia shared on social media
Domestic policy21:08
Top Netanyahu aide: Hamas will have 60 days to disarm
Other countries21:00
Ukraine, US discuss using frozen Russian assets to purchase Patriot missiles
Other countries20:54
Serbian News: Serbia to strengthen energy security thanks to Azerbaijani investments
Energy20:44
Photo
Head of Baku Media Center Arzu Aliyeva attends "After the dark…" event
Domestic policy20:34
Italy says it stands ready to train police in Gaza
Other countries20:15
Death toll from Cyclone Gezani rises to 59 in Madagascar
Other countries19:55