Iran revises down blasts death toll to 84
Region
- 04 January, 2024
- 10:59
İranian authorities on Thursday said twin blasts in the country's south killed 84 people the previous day, revising down an earlier toll from the explosions at a top general's commemoration, Report informs via foreign media.
Tehran's official news agency IRNA quoted Interior Minister Ahmad Vahidi as saying that "according to forensic statistics, the number of martyrs from this incident has been announced as 84 so far".
The revised death toll was also confirmed by the head of Iran's emergency services, Jafar Miadfar, who said the earlier tally of 95 killed was due to the fact that some bodies had been dismembered and counted "several times".
Miadfar said 284 had been injured in the terrorist attack in the southern city of Kerman.
Latest News
23:39
EU to boost funding for Morocco's migration management after Ceuta crisis
Other countries23:24
Qarabag take the lead against Twente in Conference League
Football23:21
Pakistani PM Sharif calls for enhanced cooperation with Syria
Other countries23:01
Bessent says US will impose toughest ever sanctions on Iran
Other countries22:40
6.6-magnitude earthquake strikes Peru
Other countries22:12
Death toll from Zimbabwean boat capsize rises to 97
Other countries21:52
Swiss and Chinese reach agreement on updated free trade deal
Other countries21:29
Overloaded boat capsizes in Nigeria, at least 40 bodies recovered
Other countries20:57