28 schools in India receive bomb threats

Other countries
  • 16 February, 2026
  • 18:58
28 schools in India receive bomb threats

At least 28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in Gujarat, India, received bomb threat emails on Monday, following which the campuses were evacuated, officials said, Report informs via The Economic Times.

The threat email reportedly included content mentioning "turning India into Khalistan," raising concerns over the safety of students and staff across the city.

Reacting to the incident, Gujarat Minister Rivaba Jadeja said, "The government is serious about the bomb threats. All the threats received against schools and other places are taken seriously. The state government is investigating the bomb threats."

Authorities in Ahmedabad have stepped up security measures in affected schools, and district education officials are coordinating with local police to ensure precautionary checks and monitoring.

Meanwhile, similar threats were reported across the national capital on Friday morning, Delhi Police said. Multiple teams, along with fire department personnel, rushed to the affected schools to conduct thorough security checks.

According to Delhi Police, the first reported threat call was received at 9:13 AM by BD Tamil Education in Jhandewalan. Police said further details on the nature of the threats are being investigated.

Earlier in the week, nine schools across Delhi had received bomb threat emails on Monday. Delhi Police said, "The threats were received through emails between 8:30 am and 9:00 am. Following the alerts, Delhi Police, fire department teams, and bomb disposal squads were immediately rushed to the affected schools."

In South Delhi, three schools reportedly received bomb threats: Air Force School on Lodhi Road, KR Mangalam School, and The Indian School in Sadiq Nagar. Other schools that received emails included Loreto Convent School in Delhi Cantt, Cambridge School in Srinivasanpuri, Venkateshwar School in Rohini, Cambridge School in New Friends Colony, CM School in Rohini, DTA School in INA, and Bal Bharati School in Rohini.

Authorities have urged schools to remain vigilant, strengthen internal security protocols, and report any suspicious activity immediately. The investigation into the sources of the threats is ongoing in both Gujarat and Delhi.

Earlier this month, at least seven schools in Delhi received bomb threat emails on Friday morning, which were later declared a 'hoax', officials said.

The threatening email carried disturbing and provocative content, claiming, "Delhi will become Khalistan and a bomb blast will happen at 1.11 pm in schools." The email also claimed that a blast would take place inside Parliament at 2.11 pm, prompting heightened security alerts and coordination among multiple agencies.

Similar threat emails and calls were reported from parts of Delhi, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, with authorities conducting anti-sabotage checks and cyber investigations to trace the senders.

Latest News

All News Feed