IMF delays release of January forecast due to COVID developments
Business
- 05 January, 2022
- 05:17
The International Monetary Fund will release its World Economic Outlook on January 25, a week later than planned, to factor in the latest COVID-19 developments, a spokesperson for the global lender said on January 4, amid signs another downgrade is coming, Report informs referring to Reuters.
“The World Economic Outlook update will be launched on January 25 to allow our teams to incorporate the latest developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic into the economic forecasts,” the spokesperson said.
IMF spokesperson Gerry Rice last month told reporters to expect the update on January 19.
Latest News
17:35
MPs considering investigation into Andrew's role as UK trade envoy
Other countries17:23
Fico: If Ukraine doesn't resume oil supplies, it will be left without emergency electricity
Other countries17:07
Ilham Aliyev approves Action Plan for Ensuring Rational Use of Water Resources in Azerbaijan's Nakhchivan
Infrastructure16:44
S. Korea to closely monitor additional US measures following Supreme Court ruling on Trump's tariffs
Other countries16:19
Kyiv suggests EU use Odessa-Brody oil pipeline instead of Druzhba
Energy16:01
Azerbaijani Defense Ministry's Medical Department holds training-methodical session
Domestic policy15:42
Ukraine imposes sanctions on 225 shadow fleet captains, 44 Russian companies
Other countries15:21
Unsafe levels of cancer-causing radon gas detected at 16 UK prisons
Other countries15:00
Photo