6.5 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia
Other countries
- 29 July, 2025
- 09:20
A strong 6.5 magnitude earthquake struck off the Indonesian coastal city of Sabang in the Aceh province, the US Geological Survey reported, following a 6.2 magnitude earthquake in the Indian Ocean, Report informs via Anadolu Agency.
The earthquake took place at 11:41 GMT on Monday at a depth of 10 kilometers (6.2 miles), the USGS said.
The earlier 6.2 magnitude quake took place at 18:41 GMT at a depth of 10 kilometers (6.2 miles), the German Centre for Georesearch (GEOFON) said.
No tsunami warning was issued, and no deaths or structural damage have been reported so far.
Latest News
17:56
France summons US ambassador over comments on slain far-right activist
Other countries17:35
India, US postpone trade deal meet amid Trump's tariff setback
Other countries17:20
NYT: Khamenei instructed Larijani to safeguard Iran against leadership assassinations
Region16:57
Ukraine–Azerbaijan ties see notable progress, envoy says
Foreign policy16:36
Hungary not to halt electricity supply to Ukraine
Other countries16:18
Iranian president vows resilience amid nuke talks, US pressure
Region16:01
Greenland does not need US hospital boat, says Denmark
Other countries15:47
Ukraine detains suspect over deadly Lviv terror attack
Other countries15:21