Baku. 30 July. REPORT.AZ/ Federal Reserve System (Fed) of the USA is going to raise interest rates in September or December. At yesterday's meeting of the Committee on Open Market, Federal Reserve decided to keep interest rates in the range of 0-0.25%. Fed considered positive fact to reduce unemployment and moderate inflation, but noted that it's not enough to raise the discount rate.
Report informs, the probability of raising the interest rate is linked to the achievement of the inflation target to 2% in the US. In addition, another reason is hindering the decision to raise rates include weakening of the Chinese economy and the fall in oil prices. It was released in the recent weak performance of China's economy have a negative impact on the price of oil. Falling oil prices, in turn, increases the risk of deflation in the United States. For this reason, raising interest rates before the end of 2015 is questionable. Despite this, probability of making decision by Fed to raise interest rates at each meeting remains, US dollar helds position against other currencies.
The following indicators of the US economy are set to raise interest rates in September:
1) GDP growth in the II quarter (expectations - 2.5%), which will be announced today, July 30;
2) The index of personal consumer spending - 3 and 28 August;
3) Consumer Price Index - 19 August and 16 September;
4) The average wages per hour - 7 August and 4 September;
5) The employment - 7 August and 4 September.