At least 49 people were arrested during the latest mass demonstration that swept over the financial district of Hong Kong, which went ahead despite being banned by the authorities. Report informs citing the RIA Novosti that the island's police said Monday the people were arrested for taking part in Sunday's illegal rally – punishable with a three- to five-year prison sentence and hefty fines – and for possession of offensive weapons.
49 arrested in latest unauthorized demonstration in Hong Kong49 arrested in latest unauthorized demonstration in Hong Kong Report informs citing the RIA Novosti, the island's police said Monday.
This post is also available in other languages:
Other news from category
- European Parliament will not vote on Brexit agreement without its approval by British Parliament 17 October, 2019 / 17:05
- Erdogan 'threw Trump's Syria letter in bin' 17 October, 2019 / 14:41
- EU and UK reach Brexit deal - UPDATED 17 October, 2019 / 14:03
- Start of new European Commission delayed 17 October, 2019 / 12:24
- Emperor’s enthronement parade in Japan postponed to November 17 October, 2019 / 12:02
- Police kill Hollywood actor's son after he stabbed his mother to death 17 October, 2019 / 09:33
- Turkey neutralizes 653 terrorists as part of Operation Peace Spring 17 October, 2019 / 08:56
- Brussels urges to prepare for influx of migrants due to Turkey's operation in Syria 16 October, 2019 / 17:53
- Head of Russia’s FSB unveils number of terror victims around the world 16 October, 2019 / 12:25
- Catalonia protests: 72 police officers injured in clashes in two days 16 October, 2019 / 11:57