Baku. 8 February. REPORT.AZ/ Report Professional Football League (PFL) President Ramin Musayev's interview with Report"
- "Gabala" and "Qarabag" football clubs want to discuss problem related to artificial turf at Clubs Committee meeting. What do you think, is this a right development?
- I understand them, but AZAL's status is clear to everyone. If we create problems to them rather than supporting the team, they may refuse to play in Premier League. On the other hand, we don't have enough funds to repair or change artificial turf instead of them. When we approved "AZAL Arena" in summer it was not in current situation. The current season is almost over. The issue must be resolved before the next championship, or games should be banned in that stadium.
- Could the Professional Football League clubs demand to replace an artificial turf with natural grass for next season?
- I am one of those who is against artificial grass. About 70 percent of injuries caused by artificial turf. Also those stadiums lead to chronic injuries in young players. We have discussed the problem several times. However, if we demand today we will put clubs in a difficult situation. For example, even stadium cover where "Sumgayit" club plays home games is high quality we will try to repair Mehdi Huseynzade stadium. But all this requires finances.
- To hold international games stadiums with artificial turf must be certified each year. But for some reason, there is no such requirement for the Azerbaijan Premier League...
- Our demands are always serious. I said earlier in the summer, but this was not the case at the time of the stadiums. We must increase the number of teams and stadiums. However, AFFA and PFL does not solve everything. The clubs themselves should have a will. IF problems in AZAL stadium not resolved, arena will not be accepted.