Hamas responds positively to new hostage deal proposal

Channels affiliated with Hamas said on July 3 evening that Hamas has responded positively to the new proposal for a hostage deal, Report informs referring to Ynet.

At the same time, in Israel, the political-security cabinet is meeting with significant decisions on the agenda including the question of continuing the fighting in Gaza, ending it with a "comprehensive regional agreement" - or, again, a temporary and partial deal.

Earlier, sources close to the terrorist organization said that it would give a "positive response" to the proposal, which initially includes a 60-day ceasefire with the release of 10 live hostages and 18 dead. It is important to note that, so far, there are no details about what Hamas' response included - and what the conditions were, and an official statement has not yet been published.

In Israel, it was estimated that the terrorist organization would create difficulties, since "like everything - Hamas will fight over the names of the terrorists or the keys because that is the way of the world with them."

Other News

Shehbaz Sharif visiting Washington 19 February, 2026 / 13:47
US weighs striking Iran this weekend 19 February, 2026 / 08:10